- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 pounds of ground beef, grass fed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup pitted stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Put olive oil in a large heavy pan, set over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and red pepper. Saute until softened.
- Add spices -cinnamon, cumin, cloves and nutmeg.
- In a separate pan, brown the ground beef and crumble it as it cooks with a fork. Drain fat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked beef to the vegetable mixture. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce. Combine and stir.
- Simmer for 30 minutes covered.
- Add in raisins and olives, cook another 15 minutes.
- Serve over sweet potato slices, white rice or plantain chips. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
At Balanced Well-Being Healthcare we want to inspire you to live a healthy life, feel better, and live better! If you are interested in Integrative medicine in Fort Collins, call us today!