- One bag red lentils, rinsed and washed
- One yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, or more to taste, minced
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 8 cups organic chicken stock
- One 15oz can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One tsp garam masala spice
- Two or more tsp curry powder, or more to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat olive or coconut oil in a soup/stock pot. Add chopped onion, garlic and saute for 5 minutes until they are translucent. Add spice and continue to cook over medium heat for another 2-3
minutes. Add remaining vegetables and chicken stock and simmer for one hour. Add salt and pepper
as needed to taste. Just before serving add one can of coconut milk and heat thru.
Garnish with chopped cilantro.
The perfect soup for a chilly night! At Balanced Well-Being Healthcare we are passionate about bringing you recipes, recent research, and lifestyle and diet tips to keep you healthy! If you are looking for a functional medicine doctor in Fort Collins, call us today!