Have you tried the lettuce wraps at PF Changs?? One of our staff members, Kara, developed this recipe after trying, and loving, the lettuce wraps there! Use this either as an appetizer or as a full meal. YUM!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/3 cup gluten free hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp tamari soy sauce (gluten free)
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 8oz can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- butter lettuce leaves, for serving
- Add olive oil, sesame oil and chicken to a large skillet and cook over medium/high heat until chicken is cooked through. Break up the chicken with a wooden spoon as it is cooking.
- Add the onion, hoisin sauce, tamari soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sriracha sauce. Stir to combine and cook until onion is translucent and soft and the liquid has been absorbed–about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, stir to combine, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the water chestnuts, green onion, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture in to the lettuce leaves to serve.
At Balanced Well-Being Healthcare we love giving you inspiring recipes that help you stay healthy! Whether you are looking for help with weight loss or just want to feel better, we would love to partner with you! Call us today to schedule an appointment!