Everyone loves a quick and tasty soup recipe right?? I made this last night in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. I used a pre-made bagged organic salad kit to serve with it, but threw out the dressing and used my own clean version. Tessemae and Primal Kitchen make great clean dressings if you don’t want to throw togetheryour own. The flavors in the sausage really allow this recipe to use minimal extra spices, which makes the ingredient list nice and short.
This could easily be converted to a stove top soup as well if you have the time to let it simmer.
1 lb. German pork sausage, ground (could use Italian sausage here too!)
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 med-large sweet potato, chopped
1 bunch kale, chopped with ribs removed
4 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
1 tsp sea salt
Pinch of red pepper flakes
4-6 cups of chicken broth
- Turn instant pot to browning mode.
- Add in the sausage, onion, celery and garlic until meat is browned and onion is translucent.
- Add in sweet potato and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in kale and chicken broth. Hint: chicken broth should just cover the ingredients, typically for me this is 4-6 cups.
- Turn instant pot to high pressure cooker mode for 6 minutes. Make sure to shut pressure valve.
- Press start.
- When the timer goes off release the pressure slowly. I always throw a cloth over the nozzle to avoid a burn and a wet ceiling;).
- Cool a bit then serve! Great with Simple Mills almond flour crackers and a side salad.