Comfort food at its finest! This was my very favorite food growing up, and although I can no longer have the grilled cheese on the side, it’s still so nostalgic and comforting! This wonderfully creamy soup is also paleo! #WIN
- 32 oz can of tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 quart chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp arrowroot powder
- fresh thyme, 2 springs
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 can low fat coconut milk, preferably from a bpa-free can
- 1 lb bacon
- cook bacon and set aside
- set instant pot to ‘brown’ mode.
- add in 1-2 tbsp of the bacon fat plus the onion, garlic, carrot and celery. cook until the onion is translucent. 5 minutes or so.
- add tomato paste, cook 5 more minutes or so, stirring constantly.
- sprinkle in arrowroot powder, mix and cook a couple more minutes.
- add the stock, tomatoes, and thyme. mix well to combine.
- set the pressure cooker to high for 5 minutes, make sure to close pressure gauge.
- once done cooking, remove thyme stems and toss.
- add can of coconut milk and use an emersion blender to puree a bit.
- garnish with crispy bacon and serve with these grain free crackers. YUM.