I use this salad anytime I need a side dish and am in a rush. It is particularly good in the summer time, chilled a while in the fridge, but I have also used it on the side of a nice roast and it is equally delish. If you are dairy free sub the greek yogurt for (clean) mayo like I do. Look for either Sir Kensington’s or Primal Kitchen brands of mayo. YUM.
For the salad:
- 1 bag pre-chopped purple and green cabbage OR 1 head each of green and purple cabbage, shredded.
- 1 apple
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup either plain greek yogurt or clean mayo (Primal Kitchen or Sir Kensington’s brands)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Thinly slice the cabbage, apple and red onion and transfer to a large bowl. If you bought the cabbage pre-sliced, just dump in the bowl with the sliced onion and apple.
- Add walnuts and raisins. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Top the salad with the dressing, mix until evenly combined.