One of our wonderful patients gifted us this awesome homemade grain-free granola for Christmas and it was too good not to share the recipe!!
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted sliced almonds
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw pepitas
- 1 cup dry roasted pecan pieces
- 1/3 c walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Mix nuts, seeds, and coconut together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the walnut oil, honey, maple syrup, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Add the liquid to the nut mixture, combining well.
- Line a large baking sheet(s) with parchment paper and spread mixture evenly.
- Bake at 300 for 10 minutes, then turn mixture over and bake another 10 minutes.
- Bake an addition 5 minutes (will be about 25 min total), watching carefully until the coconut is just golden brown. Remove from oven immediately.
- Cool completely. Store in fridge or freezer. Delicious served over greek yogurt with berries!